View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: 1932 Ford 5W United Pacific Quality

I looked long and hard at getting one of their bodies - crawled all over one at the Rodders Journal Show, the one that Walden Speedshop built when still in bare steel, and a completed car out at the Colorado Nats. All very, very nice cars. I can tell the parts they sell are excellent imho, at least the ones I have bought, as I found an excellent restored body with a complete interior, seat, firewall, nice paint, all glass installed, window regs, door mechanisms, and all the external body chromed pcs that I bought some pcs for. I converted it from a rmble to a trunk. I bought this body at not much more than a Upac one. They are out there if you are ready to part with the money. This hobby is not cheap, especially when you are not doing the restoration work yourself.
Finally, these bodies are stamped inTaiwan and assembled here so they are bound to have some variations/flaws. I remember my Dad saying he never wanted to buy a new car assembled on a Friday - that same thing may be true to an extent here. No body will be perfect, repop or original - that all depends on what your definition of "perfect" is.
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)