View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #28
1929 Roadster

Default Re: 1929 Roadster Cowl Tank Removal

George ..Yes 10 of them 5 per side.
Updraught....Thanks This is what I was hoping to hear..The dash arm is clearly visible.
Forever4.... How so? By being cautious?
Neil...Thanks for the tip on the webbing..As I said before...this car was never restored in the true sense of the word..
This tank has never been off the car. I am calling the dash arm the dash arm because that is how it is listed for sale in Snyders Model A parts catalog. It is listed separate from the Dash Rail brackets and this is why I decided to ask you experts if I could remove the tank without removing the dash arm...If you read my posts carefully you would have read that I said it appears that it will come out without removing the dash arm.. As I am a self admitted novice on tank removal i am asking advice . This doesn't mean ive never worked on model A's. I opted to do it this way because it is a better fix and less expensive . Thank you for all your input ..I welcome anything your have to say..even if it is derogatory.... As it stands I have.... the answer to my question and when its all back together Ill post a photo.

I see that Mike's, Mac and Snyder all offer cowl webbing . I will take
your advice on measuring the existing original welting.

Thanks again to all who have posted
1929 Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote