View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #23
54vicky

Angry Re: oil with out zink

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpondmike View Post
I humbly disagree. My truck is a 71 stock 6cyl and PYB 10w-30 high mileage almost ruint my cam and did damage a lifter. I now have 15w-40 delo in it with an additive in it. I put the whole bottle in and I only needed 1/4 a bottle, but my engine runs real good on 5000+ppm of zddp. Wish I could get ahold of some old 30wt delo, but I may try some of that renagade 3000ppm oil or penn grade(brad penn). Now valvoline racing would be my last resort, but is an option. I just don't want to trust this epa mandated car oil anymore. Who wants to trust the government to protect their engines?
before you go pounding your chest thinking you enlightened the world about the big bad oil companies ruining your engine what damage did it do to your lifter that it did not take out your cam?Paul pointed you to a discussion that explained their results.you have the right to disagree with it if you can bring forward evidence to dispute the results by all mans do so.but to say it ruined your 1971 6 cylinder by doing something to your lifter that miraculously did not harm your cam I find hard to believe.your quote about what you read also applies to your story I was sure that your engine used hydraulic lifters and does not apply as the oil they were talking about was aimed at solid lifters and heavy spring pressure

Last edited by 54vicky; 09-03-2020 at 09:49 AM.
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote