View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #20
AnthonyG

Default Re: USPS strikes again destruction of packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
That box doesn't appear to be constructed of corrugated cardboard designed for shipping. I'd place the blame for that FUBAR on whomever shipped it.
FUBAR is a good description for sure, but I put it squarely on USPS! The box was the normal variety cardboard that that most vendors use. I’ll blame the vendor for using USPS! I truly never had a problem with UPS! The ‘Beyond Belief’ perspective I have is that the box in that condition should never have been delivered. It was obvious a machine @ a USPS sorting site ate it, OK I understand stuff happens, I’ll even give the benefit if doubt & say probably was auto loaded on a truck. But when the Local USPS site putting it out for delivery saw it, or the delivery guy guy seeing it @ delivery should have reported, returned it, left a note on it, something! None of the above happened & it was left it in a spot not normally left on the driveway away from the sight from the house ( normally put on porch or porch step. Obviously didn’t want to be seen delivering it! This definitely is on the USPS & all be it an ‘over the top’ FUBAR even for them, still among many USPS FUBAR events! I’ll add I couldn’t get a USPS rep on the phone, was on hold for 20 minutes then got disconnected! Then went in person to Local site, their answer was packages over a certain size don’t get delivered from local site but a larger zone site. Then they wouldn’t take it back until I repackaged it