View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
DougVieyra

Default My what hearty souls . . . .

In reading many of the threads from Model A owners around the country, I frequently read about 'Winter', and about 'putting the Model A to rest for the Winter'. I read about COLD, and SNOW, and COLD.

However such readings for me (here in warm, sunny California) was much like reading a travel brochure about some far distant and exotic land.

However, after what now appears to be the end of California's severe 4 year drought, and a return to more normal weather conditions, I am reminded that it can get cold here in California too ! In a break from our normal night time lows of 38 - 42 degrees, last night was COLD . . . . well, cold for us - 26 degrees. It is now 10 am here in Eureka and it is still only 30 degrees.

This 'cold snap' back to the reality of the real world makes me appreciate the endurance and stoic perseverance of a very hearty group of people who live in the colder regions of this great country. As I sit here freezing and looking out at a vast sea of white, I can't help but to admire those of you who wear winter with such great cheerfulness and aplomb.

Merry Christmas to all ! And to all, a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

- Doug Vieyra, Eureka, California
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote