View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #17
oliverguy

Default Re: SignalStat 900 photos

I'm having a problem Brattons turn signal kit. This is the one wired to the brake lights and to a vintage light I restored which is mounted on the bumper. Last weekend on a tour in extremely cold weather I noticed that my front right turn signal was out. everything else was normal. By the end of the tour when I moved the indicator to that side I got no flash indication on the unit. Other side when selected was normal.

Thinking I had a burnt bulb I replaced it this weekend with similar but not exact bulbs. They now flash, but do so erratically at a different pace on both sides. I put the old bulbs back in which even though black seem to still work. I replaced the flasher with another 6 volt on I had. With the old one in place iI got no flashing, the turn signals just remained liit with not flash. I tried to improve the ground at the unit by adding a little sheet metal screw through the clamp band into the steering column I tried to improve the ground at the front bumper by removing a liilr more paint on the mounting bracket. The green indicator lights in the inside unit do not light and the read pilot light is on all the time.

I normally don't drive this car in the winter. Could the cold have done something? What the heck is going on here? Sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated.
oliverguy is offline   Reply With Quote