View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #885
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

This is one of 2 personal stories.

Probably my last flying job. And it’s a good one. I have not done a great deal of cropdusting in the last 2 years because we are in drought. So retirement is now forced on me. Well I’ve done 52 years of it but I do miss it. The money too.
This job is to teach my 16 year old granddaughter Milly to fly. I taught her brother and only last week he passed his RAAF graduation flight test. I taught my 2 sons 30 years ago. This young one is going to get an easier ride because she will learn in a nose wheel aeroplane whereas the others all learned on a tail wheel which requires more skill and attention.
Learning to fly can be mentally demanding and draining not only on a learner but the teacher as well. I need that nap at dinner time and don’t need rocking to sleep at night. But teaching your kids and now grandkids is rewarding and so is watching them through their flying careers. In fact watching all your kids through their respective careers is rewarding. I’m sure I’m not Robinson Crusoe am I. ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4685.jpeg (78.0 KB, 31 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote