View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 08:46 PM   #872
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I’ve never worn out a bed. I don’t sleep past 4am. I get up and check what has happened in the world overnight, then perhaps a one on one interview with interesting people, or listen to some good music. This morning a life story on Irving Berlin. What an interesting man and a favourite of mine. Other favourites are Cole Porter, Gerome Kirn, Gershwin Bros, Oscar Hammerstein and associates, Scott Joplin, Bing Crosby, Al Jolson and I guess there are more. Have I bored you yet? One of my favourite groups are the Andrew Sisters. Many bands, Glen Millar amongst them.
All of those are American and there are other nationalities too who provide me with pleasure. They are European, Russian, English and Irish.
My very favourite orchestra is that of Andrea Rieu and I run him, when I’m indoors, for at least a couple of hours each day. He has performed 2 shows at Radio City, N.Y. do watch, it’s on YouTube.
My eldest son Dennis, flew Mr Rieu to Melbourne and failed to acknowledge him in a “welcome aboard” call. Dennis made the mistake of telling his parents who got pretty dark on him. Not quite sure if we are ready to forgive him yet.

Next story on music about the A or other old motorcars. Watch this space.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 05-31-2020 at 09:00 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote