View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:03 PM   #866
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
Gary, you mention 'expensive kennels'. Around here many kennels cost in the $200-300,000 and up range. They are heated, air conditioned, carpeted, full of furniture and stocked with food. They are big, usually 1,500-2,000 sq. ft. so Doggy can get some exercise without going outside.
However, the owners of these kennels seem to be rather poor, as they have to live in them with their pets. They can't afford a house of their own!
Hi 40 Deluxe. There are people in Australia with those kennels as well. some don't even have a dog. There are reasons for these "dog houses". Some choose to live in high population density cities where building blocks are small and expensive, some by financial constraints and some simply don't like housework. However there is a silly practice here, when a couple retire and the kids have left home they build their "dream home" which is much bigger than they really require. It is prominent, sort of a display and I call it their trophy home. A display of their success, "look, I made it in life".

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote