View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #825
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

This is a continuation from story 823 so do read that prior to reading this.

This follows my previous story. The demonstrations against governments or heads of governments. In Australia these demonstrations have been against the Prime Minister for having caused global warming. Almost hysterical particularly with the younger people. To some extent it has been fuelled of course by the Greta factor. I have read an article penned by Ray Payne OAM (order of Australia award) giving some historical facts and asking if man made practises are the reason for global warming. Mr Payne was a loss adjuster and advisor to the Insurance Council of Australia for 10 years and was heavily involved in the disastrous 1983 Victorian fire. Here is a brief summary of documented history of previous major Australian disasters.

1944 NSW Blue Mountains. 27 homes lost.
1962 62 lives lost.
1967 2,600 square kms burned in 5 hours.
1983 6,000 homes destroyed and 1983 75 lives lost.
2009 173 lives lost and 2030 homes destroyed

Mr Payne doesn’t say how many died in 1944 or homes lost in 1962. He does continue to speak of ignorance and incompetence. 80% of fires have been deliberately or accidently lighted. Lightning strikes have long being the cause of many and not new.

The current demonstrations have been promoted because of exaggeration even lies and bias by media particularly our government financed Australian Broadcasting Corp. (ABC) and one in particular newspaper brand. Promoted by radicals. Now how does one become a radical. They are people whose mental make-up is radical and motivate by any cause. They look for purpose. They are not people who have a strong belief of a cause and because of that they become radical. I hear it said that the global warming scare is leading us towards “globalisation”, that is the surrender of sovereign rights of governments to a global authority. Is this Kyoto or the UN or EU? Everybody wants to be boss don’t they?
I do believe global warming is occurring. Well why did the ice age end. Primitive tribes cooking on wood burning fires? No of course not. But with media reports and commentary being exaggerated or lied about or facts omitted it is understandable how myself and others are sceptical or mistrustful and unconvinced about it being caused by man made factors.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote