View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:16 PM   #805
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

small mods have made such a difference.

Some time ago I had Synchro rebuild a starter motor for me. You all know Synchro through his contribution to this forum. He passed a comment to me that gave me a change of mind when he said he had “drivers cars”.
Well I have no intention of changing wheels to mags or putting a modern motor in my A’s, it has made me think about updating some things. It now has a 6v alternator. A steering column support will be added to take the weight off the fuel tank which will serve as a switch board for the troublesome horn and light switches. I will add turning indictors to the motor car with the control switch plus a water temp gauge mounted on that support.
I have removed the seat swab and replaced it with a medium density foam covered with comparable vinyl. I have removed a row of springs from the cushion and modified the base to accommodate. It is now much easier to climb in and out and gives more leg room when driving. My concern about being visible at the rear in night has been overcome with a pulsating red light just like cyclist display.
So many small mods can make such a difference without detracting from the basic motor car.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote