Thread: Leaking coil
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #14
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Leaking coil

The epoxy version is the coil that was recommended for me . The original model A coil wasn't oil filled but was a solid type tar filled coil which in my thought is similiar to a solid epoxy filled coil. All of the original slant pole tar filled model A coils that I have ever tested or used still work perfectly even after more than eighty years. It is hot under the hood of all cars, especially newer cars that run at highere temps than the model A . Model A's that are running with improper timing and gaps will have problems , no matter what coil is used. Its always easy to blame the coil when other problems exist . Higher performance V8 engines that will turn high rpm would probably be better off with an oil filled version that would be mounted with tower pointing upward. No harm meant, just thought this needed to be pointed out. Pertronix will gladly explain and recommend the proper coil for the application. People with a closed mind in regard to performance coils would be better of using a standard replacement coil for their own peace of mind .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote