View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #12
Thearne3

Default Re: New design turn signals for Model A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post

Ohh, you mentioned that you 3 printed that. What machine did you use? We have a Makergear M2 that we like but we are finding ourselves needing a larger and faster machine for making 'stuff', so an upgrade is likely in our future. One such 'stuff' is we have begun making sheetmetal dies for small runs of sheetmetal repairs on vehicles we are restoring. What a game changer!! For example, we are working on a 1929 Coupe (45A) that we need to make some replacement sheetmetal pieces for the ¼-window area that is rusted away. We just drew it up in SolidWorks and just printed out dies that we can use either in an arbor press, or in a Pullmax to make the correctly shaped replacement pieces. Sorry to hi-jack your thread talking about nonsense, but I definitely find a printer is a great way to prototype for things like your signal switch.

Perhaps a separate thread for uses of 3d printing? I use Fusion 360 for modeling and simple Anycubic 3D for printing - will print up to 10” cubic area. So far I’ve used it for three things for the A: the ‘Yoke’ piece in the vacuum wiper, bumper holder for LED signal lights (the ones sold by venders are WAY over priced!), and now this project.
Thearne3 is offline   Reply With Quote