View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #6
Craig CT

Default Re: Valve seat inserts.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieroadster View Post
Having had experience replacing Ford flathead V-8 valve seat inserts I learned one important thing. First remove the original seat ring and now determine if the opening in the block still round. I have found the openings in the block are no longer round just the results of age and so many heat cycles. If the opening is not round a stock replacement ring may be loose or become loose after installation. The interference dimension is so slight if the opening is not round there's a good possibility of the ring becoming loose. To correct this problem I always carefully increase the opening diameter until its round. Once I have the new opening ready for a seat i now order a replacement in the dimension i need. Tucker Valve Seat company can make to order seats.
Ronnieroadster
Hi Ronnieroadster; How much OD do you add to the seat insert after the block has been prepped? Thanks Craig.