View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 11:33 AM   #10
NMModelA

Default Re: Remembering George Tynan

Hey everyone,

I was doing some Model A Googling and found this page, first and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone in this community for being so kind. George was my grandfather whom I was very close to. I am still dealing with some of the emotions of his passing, as kind as he was to everyone in the Model A community he was an endless source of inspiration and love for myself and my 2 siblings.

Some good news from his passing, he inspired me to be a major gearhead from a young age. The first car I restored with George and my Father was a 1966 Ford Mustang. I recently restored my own 1970 Challenger right after his passing.

We were fortunate enough to sell his 1931 Four Door Sedan to a Model A enthusiast through the monthly magazine as no one in my family wanted it but I did inherit his 1930 Blue Cab which I have neatly in my garage next to my challenger. Actually just did my first oil change on it! He always said if I ever chopped it or Hot Rodded it he would haunt me for life.

I did join the Dallas Model A Ford club in honor of him and will remain a life member although I live in Santa Fe, NM. I doubt I will ever put as many miles on the Model A as he did but we do enjoy taking it out for short rides around town.

Lastly I have to let everyone know, he always claimed to be a Football star but its well known in my family he was truly horrible at Football LOL but he was excellent at Baseball and even had a formal tryout with the Brooklyn Dodgers. However he was drafted into the Marines in 1946 and shipped to Japan to be part of the cleanup and could never sign a contract.

Lastly we sprinkled some of his ashes (in secret) around the Model A Gilmore museum in MI so if you ever visit he's there looking up at you.

James Tynan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garage1.jpg (66.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg garage2.jpg (68.7 KB, 60 views)
NMModelA is offline   Reply With Quote