View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #1
1EarlyA

Default Back to the barn with a '38

A couple years ago I sold my Model As and other things in life had to take center stage. So, I've been away from the Ford Barn for quite a while.

However, in December we added a new member to the family. 1938 Ford Standard. Near as I can tell, it appears that the car was "rebuilt" 2 times. Some of the modifications/repairs appear to have been done in the '60s. Other work was done more recently(guessing late 90s, early 2000s). At this point I would consider it to be in 'driver' condition(or rather it will be when I get the ignition/wiring issue resolved, haha). When I bought it, I intended to redo the poor bodywork and go through the interior. But, the more I look at the old girl, the more inclined I am to just do some maintenance items and fix a few small things that are bugging me and drive it.
So far I have just greased it, removed the hub caps, and installed a 2" drop spring on the front.
The picture is from the day a friend hauled the car home for me.

Once the weather gets a little bit better so I can comfortably work in the garage I expect I will be more active here again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11 29 2020 1.jpg (69.9 KB, 750 views)
File Type: jpg 11 29 2020 2.jpg (83.8 KB, 733 views)
1EarlyA is offline   Reply With Quote