View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #62
[email protected]

Default Re: '26 and '21 getting ready for spring

Some days your the car tire and some days your the dog. Today was a little rough for me. I went out to work on the transmission today and nearly had it completely together. I was tightening the clutch driving plate down on the clutch push ring. Everything was going well until I heard one click and then a couple more. I looked things over and realized the transmission brake drum had cracked nearly 2/3 of the way around it's perimeter. So I ended up tearing the transmission completely apart to see if I could figure out what went wrong. As it turned out the clutch push ring was sitting so one of the pins was sitting properly aligned to the holes in the driving plate and pushing on the clutch arms. But the other 2 weren't properly lined up and were actually sitting just to the side of the holes far enough to keep them from sliding in. Though it didn't seem I was putting much pressure on the bolts, the pressure of tightening 6 fine thread bolts one after the other was enough to make marks where the pins were hitting. And it broke the brake drum. So I'm going to have to break down and put the money into a new one. The hell of it is to send my core in and get a rebuilt back is going to cost over $300.00 and to buy a brand new part is over $600.00. And that's money I just don't have. So unless anyone has a transmission brake drum in decent shape that they're willing to sell at a decent price I'm sitting idle until I can get the money together to buy a replacement. I don't know for sure when that will be and I'm really becoming discouraged with this damn job.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)