View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #19
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Default Re: When is a "Model A" no longer a "Model A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Rick View Post
My Model A story.

In the 1980's, I bought a very nicely redone '31 coupe, which looked all original except for the 16" wire wheels. It had a Pinto 4 cyl. conversion with a 4 speed.

My 10 year old son and I joined the local Model A club, and the car was well received. After about a year, many club members took their cars to a regional Model A meet, where I entered my car in the 'modified class'. There were half a dozen others in the class, and mine was probably the nicest, but when the judging was over and awards given, I found out mine had not even been judged.

When I asked why, I was told it was not eligible for judging, and it was 'too modified'. The 'modified class' was for cars with upgraded wheels, and perhaps a 'B' motor.

We kept the car for 25 years, but never went to another meet.

Rick P

PS: I now have a '30 Tudor with a monster 105 HP Chevy V6. I can drive it anywhere. Looks pretty original too.
All model a main components,can drive it just like a stock a,or pull hard and split second gear,shame a Kia..the purists all look at it and like it on Saturday night but deny my existence in Sunday church..

Jack Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote