View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

I got a few photos this morning. I also decided the cowl must have been from a G engined truck and that's why the long arm bending downward and push rather than pull. Today I hope to shorten the short front driveshaft. I think I have 3 of them from my junkyard. I have shortened them before, but today I want to try something a little different. The plan is to scribe an index line for phasing u joints, cut out the 3 or so inches, turn a wood dowel about 18" long on my wood lathe the ID of the shaft.Tap in fit. Weld around the joint, leaving the wood inside. What could possibly go wrong? If the six inches of linear weld ever sheared, I'd just roll to a stop. So here I am cutting and welding..... I also am slightly modifying the radiator support as the radiator is about an inch in front of stock. The cross bar will be bumped ahead. I will keep both of these items from the good red truck and save them for the next generation of flathead lovers. I have a conversion u-joint on it's way that has the GM caps on one axis and the ford tonner axis on the other. I love stuff like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0058.jpg (71.2 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0041.jpg (92.5 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0044.jpg (88.0 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0049.jpg (87.4 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0055.jpg (86.0 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0016.jpg (87.6 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg dump run.jpg (66.7 KB, 314 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote