View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
hardtimes

Default Re: throttle linkage Q..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens View Post
What are you trying to accomplish? The throttle assembly where it attaches to the rod going to the carburetor ends up in the same place on a Model A and Model B. What are you working on? If it's an A or B just use the pedal assembly designed for the car. Post if it is something else like a home built speedster.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie,
I am working at getting "full" pedal and easily on the assembly that is pictured.
Presently, with floor mat/backing and original foot pedal linkage, I'm getting about half throttle. As pics show the linkage, as configured, does not have sufficient travel with foot pedal to flr mat ...for other end to open carbs fully. In other words there is insufficient travel of (pictured) right end of (STOCK) throttle linkage. Bending won't help anything. I think that it's a matter of leverage...that is , end of stock link is too short
And, this setup is not parallel, but downward pointed. Whereas, I think that the '32 that can be mounted on cowl (as on '32) can eliminate the intake mounted manifold lever (bellcrank) and be connected , via rod directly to carb.
Make any sense and or suggestions from what you see??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1690.jpg (58.9 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1691.jpg (62.4 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1692.jpg (50.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1693.jpg (68.3 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by hardtimes; 11-25-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add...
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote