View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
fundytides

Default Re: windshield folds too far

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
OK. I have done some more investigating. No solution yet, but here is what I have come up with:
-I have a reproduction gas cap that may or may not be taller than the original. I don't have an original to compare to.
-With the cap on, when the windshield is swung out from the bottom, there is lots of clearance for the cap. When the windshield is swung down and laid flat, it hits the gas cap.
-With the cap off, when the windshield is swung down and laid flat, the glass clears the gas tank filler spout very slightly but the center top snap on the windshield frame hits the rear hood rod retainer. By adjusting the angle of the glass and frame, clearance from the retainer can be obtained.
My conclusion, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the stainless steel stanchions, when laid flat, should rest on the lower post stanchions (the ones with the pivot stud in them) before the windshield hits either the gas cap or hood retainer. If this is correct does that mean that one or both lower stanchions are worn down and could be built up with weld or is there another solution that someone could suggest or has used in the past?
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote