Thread: New toy....
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 05:26 AM   #41
HDowse

Default Re: New toy....

Great looking car! I have turn signals and seat belts installed in my Fordor. They came from Electro-Tech (turnswitch.com). It's an electronic unit that you fit on the inside of the firewall and can either use a standard lever on the steering column or, as I did, use a small two way toggle under the dash to the left of the column in one of the existing holes. I wired the unit to amber add on lights in front and add on red lights rear. i did that to insure visibility. I also wired my brake lights to go on with the add on rear lights. The lights came from Joe's Antique Auto, an excellent vendor, and are listed in his catalog as Parking/Turn Signal Lights (Non-Original). They come with 12v bulbs.
I fit seat belts front and back, drilling through the floor pan and used backing washers. Those came from Snyder's and the tan color is a good choice for the stock interior.
BTW, did your car come out of Cotuit MA? There's been one just like yours on Hemmings for a while at a good price. My wife and I use the Fordor all the time and love it. Good luck with your new car and let me know if you want any other info on the turn signals and seat belts.
HDowse is online now   Reply With Quote