View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
mass A man

Default Re: Vintique Fuse Block

When I hear "Vintique", I run the other way. Here's what I did years ago for a fuse & cut-off switch. I got this idea from a man who published it in an old issue of the Model A News. "Inside" I have a small metal bracket with a 90 degree bend and rounded corners with three holes drilled in it. Two for mounting the bracket to the existing terminal box screws & one for the toggle switch that kills everything except the power to the starter only. Car won't run when switch is "off". I am using a modern, 30 Amp "spade" fuse, available virtually "anywhere". I purchased a holder for it that came with an insulated cover, (the black thing hanging there in photo). I cut the big yellow wire that comes up from the starter to the terminal box, you can pull it in for some slack to do this work after removing it from it's terminal. I ran one end to the switch, then from switch-to-fuse and then fuse-to terminal box where she originated from. I know my wiring isn't the neatest in the world, you could do better.It is important that the wiring you do is positively secure and insulated from things. The orange wire you see is an old, but well working electric wiper motor install. The newer green wire is my doing, it goes to my old "Cat's Eye" fog lamp. Also shown is the bracket I made & the switch I put in for it with a separate fuse. (the older glass style). I was able to incorporate the cowl lamp arm bracket hole in my pickup for the switch, since trucks like mine did not have cowl lights but Ford used the same deluxe cowl "arms" inside the cowl for the trucks, so the hole was already there.

Last edited by mass A man; 08-15-2022 at 03:52 PM.
mass A man is offline   Reply With Quote