View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 03:25 PM   #3
CJStefan

Default Re: Lowering the front of my '49 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
CJ, I DON'T have the answer to your question, but I do share your pain with the Jamco crap. 10 years ago I got the dropped spindle kit from them and it installed wonderfully and gave me the stance I wanted. Fast forward to 2022 and I got the same kit. First red flag was neither kingpin would go through both bushings, you could start with either bushing top or bottom and the kingpin would slide through, but not the other. Not because the bushing was tight, but because of misalignment. I called Jamco and was told they weren't designed for kingpins to slide in, they were to be pounded in and they would "cold form" after the spindle was moved back and forth some! Unbelievable.

Well, I have the aerostar coils and Shoebox Centrals new camber kit and it's low enough for me and aligns and drives well. Good luck with your '49.
It was Fatmans that I had that trouble with but I'm thinking Jamco sold the Fatman parts through their website. That's how most of the places are. Have a pic of your car with just the springs? I thought about going that route I just don't know if it'll be low enough
CJStefan is offline   Reply With Quote