View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
zzlegend

Default Re: Current Thoughts on SoCal Engine Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawockvet View Post
I actually can go anywhere in the world, but since I have the car in the California desert it would be easiest to take it to a shop that does quality work on Model A engines with balanced rotating assemblies and counter balanced cranks with insert bearings. I really didn't mean to start another bashing session on H&H. When I posted an inquiry years ago about H&H I was deluged with people who had bad experiences. That resulted in my going elsewhere. The engine I got elsewhere has made about 6K miles and is coming apart. I am not going to reveal who I got that motor from as I believe he does good work and I've lived long enough to know that if has wheels or tits it can have a come apart at any moment. However, I drive this car a lot and I don't have time to get a flathead in it yet, so I need to get it quickly back on the road. So, I will expand the question to include South and Central California looking for good reviews on a shop that will work on my current engine. Since I believe my crankshaft bearings are the problem I am going to definitely go with inserts and a counterbalanced crank. Please either post or PM with any positive reviews. Thanks,
Have you heard about Turlock Machine? I think that is the name of the company. Joe Silvil, I think his name is. I have heard a lot of good info on him. He is located in Turlock and I have no affiliation with him. Just passing this along. Just my 2 1/2 cents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meVhdz10RRc
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote