View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #43
GB SISSON

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Just my 4 cents; first two cent thought is to take the radiator cap and put it in the vault until you can keep an eye on it. Don't let it out of your sight.
second two cents would be to make it functionally perfect without disturbing any of the patina or age or character markings. It needs to be that well used work truck (but running and driving perfectly).
I had a friend who took an original untouched model T and rebuilt the running gear to perfection without disturbing any of the grease, dirt or rust on the engine, trans or rear end. Took extra time to perserve that but he has a perfect driving time capsule.
Congrats on your project!
Floyd... you put that acrossed perfectly. I am in complete agreement with you. I think the singer Tom Waits once said "you musta read my mail" .
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote