View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:38 PM   #5
Ian NZ

Default Re: 1932 Carburetor adaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Sure would love to have one now!!! At least I could be driving my car rather than trying to find a "good" DL Carburetor
I have just found out if you go into '' Carburettor Adaptors Secrets of Speed'' or Email [email protected] have got the correct adaptors. You can then have the original single post manifold ,generator and other components etc you only have to change the carburetor, refer to the photo of my set up on my 3/W. On the engine I was having a lot of trouble with the D/L Carburettors even after having them recondioned hard to start at times, cutting out when you slowed down or went around corners. surging, they were not reliable so I fitted a adaptor and a 1934 Stromberg 48 carburettor, what a difference I noticed performance improved straight away. easier starting. no stalling it was a different car to drive. I know now I can go on a long trip and I will be able to get back home o/k. I had to be towed home sometimes before.
As far as I am concerned if the adaptor is in the Canadian Parts book it is Canadian Ford approved item, because the D,L carburettors would be causing a lot of poblems throughout all the countries that the 1932-33 Ford V8 models were exported too like Belgium, France etc were replacing the D.L. carburettors with solex ones and there were other makes of carburettors available at other countries as well to replace the D.L. carburettors.
rockfla if you want any more information just let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stromberg 48 2.jpg (77.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Ford approved.jpg (49.7 KB, 27 views)
Ian NZ is offline   Reply With Quote