View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
Bustingear

Default Trouble shoot 1950 8Ba initial start up Help

Need some help with the initial start on my 8BA .Trying to get it running after a refurbish. Running two 94's
1. Spark is present -checked it with a screwdriver on #1 plug and its showing on its correct turn around.
2. There is fuel pressure through the mechanical pump and the 94's are squirting ok. I had trouble getting the plugs wet however. Poured gas down the carbs, sprayed ether down the carbs, put some gas directly in the chambers through the spark plug holes with a syringe. and still having trouble getting them wet.
3.Spun it around several times and not even getting a chug. Starter and battery are new and strong.
4. Initially found TDC by lining up the dot with the pointer , used a bump starter to make sure i was on the compression stroke and air pushed out . Put the rotor to Number one.

Started to question if i have the right distributor and took some pictures. Even though getting spark looks like its not seated (see picture) The tag on dizzy has been cleaned away but the #620 is there. I also wonder of the offy heads are machined correctly to seat the distributor (see picture)
also wonder if the have the timing gear /crank and cam positioned correctly for timing from initial assembly. Its been along time since build. Can that even be screwed up? Would really appreciate some advice from folks who have or are currently good with the 8BA motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flat3.jpg (45.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg flat2.jpg (29.8 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg flat1.JPG (97.3 KB, 146 views)
Bustingear is offline   Reply With Quote