View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #19
Kube

Default Re: 91A-8600 Radiator fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Just remember one thing Mike, and Mac. Even though it is NOS in a FoMoCo box, "FoMoCo" is the 'key' here. On 11/20/1948, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for FoMoCo. This trademark is owned by Ford Motor Company,
One American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126. The USPTO has given the FoMoCo trademark serial number of 71569147.

So, even though it is NEW, and it is a legitimate Ford piece, it should be considered a "replacement part" manufactured no earlier than '49, and MAY not necessarily replicate the original fan PRECISELY! DD
Coopman, You have brought forth a very important point that many apparently don't understand. Lord knows I've frequently found it necessary to explain to "unhappy" owners on the concourse when they've received deductions for installing such (service) parts.
And, as a side note of sorts, just because Drake and others list a part as correct and / or fits years "X through X" does not necessarily a correct part make.
The parts books are good for one thing: indicating parts that were offered for SERVICE that will fit and function. As for being correct? Yeah, maybe. And then again, maybe not.