View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #15
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor stop light switch question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Partain View Post
The real problem is that your brake pedal is moving too far due to the brake system. The brake pedal won't move very far the brakes are restored and adjusted properly.
In other words, if your brake pedal is moving far enough to dislodge the shaft of the brake switch you have a problem with the brakes.
Thanks for your reply--

I can't stay that the brakes have been adjusted per what ever books are out there, but I do know the the pedal does not go to the floor when pressed. I adjusted all four wheels so that the brake shoes were just starting to touch the drums. After adjusting the brakes I had a very firm pedal with minimal pedal travel. I am sure that when Henry designed this car he took in to account that the brakes would eventually wear down and the pedal will travel more and more.

Look at the photo that Gary Karr posted and then look at the photo of the repo part that I bought from Bert's. I rest my case!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original stop light switch from Gary Karr.jpg (47.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg new repo from Bert's.jpg (49.7 KB, 20 views)