View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #6
pjdeb

Default Re: Poor quality transmission roller bearings

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
This does not answer the question you asked. Sorry. I can not resist comment. All bearing manufacturers and major bearing distributors have gone the way of China.

Chinese authorities controlled society for decades by prohibiting it citizens from travelling inside the country. That meant that every region was somewhat self sufficient. Each area had its own metal working industry, its own agricultural industry, etc. There are hundreds of bearing manufacturers in China.

As I worked in the bearing industry, I visited a number of Chinese bearing manufacturers. Some are quite good, having been joint ventured with leading US and European producers. Many are small shops with horrendous quality control although the Chinese government has made efforts to consolidate many of the small producers.

What you are witnessing is that there are so many retailers, distributors, wholesalers, importers, exporters in the chain, all of whom are looking for cheaper sources, that quality and consistency do not exist.

I have not been in the bearing industry for some time, but I would guess that China is moving toward Viet Nam, Thailand, etc. Cheaper, cheaper, cheaper.

I am old. I grew up in an age when America could do something with machinery rather than with keyboards. I will not be around to see it, but the country will rue the day when it no longer has the capability to manufacture.... be it bearings, or prescription drugs, ventilators, let alone Model A parts.
pjdeb is offline   Reply With Quote