Thread: A insurance?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #16
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: A insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
My current insurance company insures my A's just as they would any other car, but it's a little bit on the expensive side as far as I'm concerned. My '28 Sport Coupe costs $596 per year with a declared replacement cost of $10,000, while my '30 Cabriolet costs $683 with a RCV of $15,000. The beauty of it is; I can drive them anywhere, anytime. There are no restrictions.
When I first got my Sport Coupe I called one of the more popular antique car insurance companies (I wanna say J.C. Taylor?) and they had 100 questions for me about when and where I would be driving my A. They said I could only drive it in parades, or club functions, but I couldn't drive it to the store on an errand. I told them never mind, I'll find another way.
I don't put more than 1,500 miles on either one in a year though, or at least I haven't so far, so that's why I want to find a cheaper rate. But I want to be able to drive it whenever and wherever I choose.
I called AAA for a quote and they don't insure vehicles older than the 1950's.

So, I'll call some of the companies listed in this thread and see what I can come up with.
This is not what you want to hear but if you are going to drive it like an everyday car you are going to have to insure it like an everyday car.

If you are going to take it out for a joy ride, car event, promote the hobby, and the like, then you get classic/antique car insurance.