Thread: Australian A's
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #39
Synchro909

Default Re: Australian A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudortomnz View Post
Good discussion on the Aussie Model A's. Wish I had been more vigilant on them when I lived there in the ''70's & '80's.
I would think [ dangerous] the early to late '28's would have the US type rear floor curtain compartment. Some [ v. small number] of the early roadsters & phaetons were imported & are mostly all steel, but most were built up in Australia using wood & other variations.
Many of the '29's in Aussie are to all purposes '28 types. Did they ever go to the teacup tailamp mounted on the rear 'guard/fender like my Canadian Tudor?
In the Model A era, the standard bodies were manufactured by Ford Australia & in '28/'29 the 2 Sedans available [ Tudor & Briggs Fabric Back 4 dr] were imported built up from Canada but assembled & painted/finished in Aust.. For 1930, Ford Australia manufactured the Fordor 3W Sedans & partly manufactured the only Coupe sold, the Sport Coupe which had a Fordor door, not a Coupe door ; some initial Spt Cp's were fully imported with the steel Coupe door.
Most Aussie production was of the open types , about 40%; roadsters/sport[s] rdstrs & tourer & sport[s] tourer [ Phaeton]. They actually advertised them as ''Sports'', not Sport.
1929 cars had the tea cup tail lights just like everywhere else. At least I'm not aware of anywhere that didn't have teacup tail lights in '29.