Thread: B head sample.
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:44 AM   #36
Tod

Default Re: B head sample.

Before starting to run heads for Snyder this morning, I threw the very first aluminum B head sample in the head fixture so I could locate my X,Y, Z home offset position and get ready to write the program for machining it. I expect to have some iron heads in a few weeks so I can get heads to the first people that are wanting these.

Other projects inching nearer to full production are Model A engine blocks (casting 5 main aluminum right now and have sand at the iron foundry to make stock 3 main blocks), Winfield heads, iron Thomas heads, and iron OHV heads. I have sand to cast a sample iron OHV in the shop right now. I am also considering making an aluminum 6:1 Snyder head sample to see if there is any market for Don to sell some of those. I already have the pattern cut.

Since the first 3 main iron engine block has already been built and run I will be sending it to be installed in a test vehicle and run around on the roads.

I also have aluminum dual-plug heads to make asap. The first sample is ready to machine.

Tod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200131_094916.jpg (32.1 KB, 58 views)
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote