View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:04 AM   #50
Hoogah

Default Re: What's the latest you can remember anyone using an A?

Up until around 6 years ago I used to see two Model-A vehicles regularly in my town. Both were owned by a pair of bachelor farmer brothers. They had a '29 Phaeton that was purchased by their father in 1930 and maintained as daily transport continuously since then. There was no other car. They also had a Model A "tractor" that had the rear end from a bren gun carrier and rear tractor wheels. It also had a jib, PTO and 240v generator. It was used to do all farming jobs. I often saw it towing a tandem load of calves to the saleyards. The entire farming plant was Model A based (except for a little Ferguson tractor that was added to the fleet late in the piece) and also included a car converted to a flat top truck for carting milk in cans to the depot (and later for firewood) and an AA truck with rear tractor tyres and a fertiliser spreader mounted on the back. It's a fascinating story. You can read about it on the o t h e r f o r u m in a thread titled "Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?".

P.S. These are the vehicles referred to by Synchro in post 25.

Last edited by Hoogah; 02-25-2019 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Added comment
Hoogah is offline   Reply With Quote