Thread: Gasoline flow
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #19
51 MERC-CT

Default Re: Gasoline flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1939Deluxesedan View Post
The flooring is actually in pretty solid shape on this car considering how long it was stored and how, The one major exception is the trunk floor. Its rusted through in places. I knew that would have to be repaired when I got it. They make those panels. So when I remove the trunk floor it would be an excellent opportunity to replace the old gas tank, provided I can get access to everything holding it in there. That would be the time to do that. Until then I'll see if I can rig up something temporary and concentrate on the ignition. Someone has put in a old Mallory ignition. Its not making fire. I just jumperd 12v olts to the positive side of the distributor. That should do it. Right? Still no fire at the plugs. I may try another coil. All grounds looked good. If all else fails I can replace the ignition system with one newer. The Mallory is the "crab" type distributor.
I got my new Master cylinder in today.Looks like a Doorman reman from Parts geek. The original master cylinder I removed from the car said "Lockheed". 39 was the first year for hydro brakes, so Ford partnered with the aircraft manufacturer who had the experience
Lockheed brakes had no connection with the aircraft manufacturer.
Lockheed brakes were in use before the aircraft company was created.

Last edited by 51 MERC-CT; 11-11-2020 at 07:30 PM.
51 MERC-CT is offline   Reply With Quote