View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #829
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I have received communications from a reader who says I don't write a great deal of Model A's. Yes I ran short of A stories to tell so moved to aviation and there are many readers with an interest in that subject. Then I moved to all subjects. yes the reader is correct. I do however enjoy reading other stories including tech and mechanical questions and suggestions and I have found many informative. Here is a response to the critic and some of you may find this explanation of interest.

Hello Friend. Thankyou for your response. Please let me give you an explanation as to how I got to write these stories.
I grew up in a house hold where communication was not strong. At school I couldn’t pass the low grade exam for I failed a minimum pass of 30 for English. I find I cannot work for corporate operators for I have never been able to communicate sufficiently well and when misunderstandings or explanations were required I was poor at putting my view. Of more recent times I have started to feel I maybe a little dyslexic.
I have always enjoyed operating machinery and a single pilot cropduster both suited me and pleased me. I became good at it and dealing with farmers was both easy and enjoyable.
I have had a lifelong love of Model A’s and have owned my first for about 30 years. It was only about 2 years ago I discovered the Ford Barn and wrote a few stories in it, all about A’s. I enjoyed writing these stories. Unlike speaking I had time to compose and select words to suit my view or story. I also realised my long career had not been uneventful but varied and adventurous. In writing I found an enjoyable and somewhat challenging interest. Encouraged by reader responses I continued for what has been about 18 months now.
I am now 72 and my aviation career is shortly to end. I have owned some 15 aeroplanes, mostly cropdusters and recently sold my last aeroplane. What is exciting is that I own 3 Model A’s and 1 G.M. 1953 Holden (an Australian motor car). One for each of my kids. That was a mistake for they don’t have the interest in them. I learned one should cater for their wants and needs not what one thinks they should have.
So that’s the story. I have discovered a pastime that I find a little challenging but stimulating. I hope that provides a full explanation and I do realise you didn’t ask for one. I conclude by saying I have no resentment towards you for your comments and view. Cheers, Gary.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote