View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #105
ODFever

Default Re: A drive around the block

Runnerbun - I discovered your thread through a search. I just bought my first A 3 weeks ago. I appreciate the details you outlined with each step of your journey. Thanks for keeping it up to date with each stop. I'm truly impressed by the number of miles you covered, and by the lack of mechanical troubles you experienced!! :-) You are valuable resource to me, and I would like to learn from your epic experience.

What steps did you take in planning and preparing for the trip?

Did you have communication between the 3 vehicles? If so, what did you use?

What did you do each morning to ensure your car was ready for the day's mileage?

What type of engine oil did you bring with you? How often did you change the oil?

What type of gear oil did you run in your transmission? How often did you check the level?

What kind of tires do you have on your A - bias or radials? Did the tires hold up well to all the miles, or are they in rough shape?

What tire pressure did you keep your tires set at?

Did you check the rear differential fluid at any point on your journey?

What spares did you bring? If you have a list, could you please post it here?

What is your trailer made out of - an old pickup truck bed? What kind of hitch do you have on your A? What are the dimensions? How much does it weigh empty? How much did it weigh full? (I can convert from kg to lbs.)

Was your tent a part of the trailer? Could you please take pictures of both and post more information?

What camping supplies did you bring? If you have a list, could you please post it?

Did you cook any meals on the engine while you drove? If so, what did you cook and how did it taste?

Conquering that many km in an A taught you some valuable lessons. Could you please post what you learned from the trip about your car, about travelling long distance, about any bits of wisdom you gained along the way?

If you could run through that whole trip again, what would you do differently?

Thank you! :-)

Last edited by ODFever; 01-22-2015 at 09:20 PM.
ODFever is offline   Reply With Quote