View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #124
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: Another Original 2-Blade Fan Takes Its Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Of course not, they have money. If something happens they will just fix it. My son is trying to truly replicate a factory produced vehicle and every dime he and I can scrape together is going into the car. He is still in high school with asperations to go to college and I'm still trying to recover from years of no pay check and a failed business working the overnight shift and finding ocassional daytime work. There is no way on Gods green earth that an original fan will be placed on the car with the engine running. If it were to break (like mine did) it would me the end of the car. We would not be able to afford to replace/repair another radiator, shroud, and hood.
Folks just love to make assumptions that suit them. From the time I purchased my Roadster (in pieces) to the time I completed the restoration my average annual spending was a whopping $625. Yep, I'm a wealthy fella just like many of my buddies that have shown their cars.

Not putting an original fan on your car is your choice and no big deal. You can still strive for 499 points out of 500.