View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 05:27 PM   #46
philcobill

Smile Re: Can't get engine started after changing timing gear

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg61hawk View Post
Here is a page from the red book. It looks like you did the timing correctly assuming the gear went in smoothly as the book mentions the alignment pins are off center. Not being a jerk but we all said try checking spark and fuel as you said it did run for a short while and ran as smooth as silk. Did you try starting fluid, grounding the plugs, changing the condenser, jumping out the amp meter across the junction box....these are all very valid and fast checks? I know you're probably pissed off so don't take this the wrong way. It's just a lot of fuel problems are electrical, and a lot of electrical problems are fuel and....you get the point.....we need to trace this out logically. They are just lawn mower motors on steroids'.

No problem. I know that the Model A's are renown for being mechanically simple, but I am still behind the learning curve. I am a 65-year-old retiree who is an "old dog learning new tricks." I feel like I am a 20-year-old when it comes to understanding Model A's. Anyway, I fully appreciate your understanding and your suggestions to help me learn how to get my car going.
philcobill is offline   Reply With Quote