View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #7
tubman

Default Re: Post pics?. . . from computer to Ford Barn?

I just posted this as an addendum to "JSeery"'s excellent procedure.

"JSeery"'s post #6 in the aforementioned thread is fine, and will work if the picture is "small" enough (pixel-wise). Where I had my problems when I first tried this was that I would get an error message when the system finally tried to upload the picture. The upload process would fail because the system would consider the picture too large. I don't remember the exact error message, but I seem to remember that it was misleading, and it took me a while to figure out what was actually going wrong.

When I finally figured it out, I set the picture resolution low enough on the camera I use to take shots for the forum so that the pictures always fit. They were still fine for general viewing and would upload directly. The problem is that most cameras (phones, iPads, etc.) are too advanced for use on the forum. Their pictures are just too "good". Luckily, just about everything can be reset for the lower resolution and will produce pictures that will upload. Those of us who (either intentionally or through luck) have our devices set to the lower resolution will never see a problem, while a "Newbie" with the latest iPhone will have tons of problems.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote