View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 07:21 AM   #134
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
Hope to have a update on rims today. Need to drop these off at the shop. If they can save any of these tires my friend Jim might use them on his Doodle bug?

I was able to save the original starter knob and cable. much cleaning and lubing. It is not perfect and may not work the end of the wire broke off and it may be too short?? But it feels like it will function. Rebuilding a engine might have been easier??
Yea I had to get that patina off to get rust out and lube in:

Pulled for start position:

I thought this was black but in the picture it looks brown??:

Here is one of the brake shackles drilled for the new oversized pin from Snyder's. I need to get some drill bits .340 dai to run in my right angled driver head. As I plan to drill the levers on the truck while still in position. That should be fun! Have to pick up some new 5/16 fine thread nuts to replace these rusted away ones on the rods. Yea they may be the correct ones But when I want to tighten these down I want good wrench flats. Original ones are very corroded. But have not had one the would not come apart yet!

Spending some quality time under the truck and find the gas line coming off the bottom of the tank with a shut off valve. Will try to get a picture. Looks maybe a rework/ repair/ rigged???

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote