View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:20 AM   #122
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
I called in a several favors for the rear brakes on the 32 AAB.
Borrower a well seasoned puller for the hub. Being on a tapered shaft and key way this was no match for my HF 3 jaw.
Pictured here is the correct puller for the job. Lots of gentle tapping with a 2 lb hammer them some love taps on the end of the puller with a 12 lb mall.

During breaks ( no pun intended) I assisted Jim in working on his brake adjusters on the Doodle Tug.

Also took the shifter out of the truck and rebuilt the ball to larger dimension to raise it about 3/32. This allows the move from second to third gear much smoother. Shifter snout was hitting the shift forks just a tad.

Back to the brakes, Once broke free the drum slid off.
Shoes all look really good. Lots of brake Kleen and will add some light drops of lube to moving joints:

Found the air conditioning system still ready to blow icy cold. (if you open it in the winter

Ordered tubes and flaps from Russ at Lucas. Have 7 Firestone 6.00-20 set aside for me to pick up at Millers next week. Tire shop should have first three tires dismounted today. Then to determine the rim clean up process.

Picked up seat springs and misc parts from Snyder's today. Joe is really nice and took a look at my 32 picrtres. Nice place Nice people. I told them the folks on the Ford Barn Forum said HI!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 06-18-2021 at 02:56 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)