View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:15 PM   #38
koates

Default Re: 1936 Ford V8 Service/Restoration Thread

Hi Jon, nice car and you can drive and enjoy it as it is. Most of these cars had small changes and replacement items fitted over the years and that is a part of their history. Some of these changes are more reliable than the original parts such as the cast iron cylinder heads replacing the original aluminium on your engine. Also fitted is a later glass bowl fuel pump and later oil filler cap instead of the air scoop type. Some fuel lines and wiring are not correct. Generator cut out should be cad plated and not painted black. A good chance that your mirror clock is a reproduction. But as I said you dont have to make everything perfect. The grille guard I would have left fitted because it might save your grille from damage one day. I do like greyhounds so I would keep it on. Going on your interior photos , the seats at least look too good to be original whereas the headlining looks original to me. These are in no way a criticism of your car at all..Just maintain and drive it. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote