View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #51
Russ/40

Default Re: Question on Cam Gear Marks - UPDATE

You guys are probably giving up on me, wouldn't blame you, but I still need some help.
I have set up a few different distributors, and I am sure my problem is not ignition. Engine runs and starts best at 20+* advance. And distributors are set correctly. Retard the timing and it runs like s##t. I even modified a distributor to increase the range of adjustment, and no improvement.

I wish I had, as you have suggested, degreed the cam. I have never done so, and wouldn't know where to start. I'm thinking the cam needs to be retarded, but the question would be "do I and how much". What would rotating the distributor do for the situation? I would have to create a mount to do so. If one of you true tech savvy guys could give me a recommended simple test where I could measure exhaust valve timing with a dial indicator to determine the number of degree correction of the cam, I can work out a cam timing adjustment.

I wanna screem! If I can't fine a solution soon, i will sell the dam thing for parts.

Last edited by Russ/40; 10-07-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote