Thread: SPAM Letter 101
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
frank55a

Default Re: SPAM Letter 101

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I also have received a few of those letters, worded almost the same. That is why I prefer/insist on a USPS money order, they can be checked immediately at the post office to ensure they are good. There is no waiting for a check or money order to clear the bank.

The following is from a much earlier post:

I had the same scam attempted on me a couple of times, never lost a cent or part. The first time I knew it was a scam from the start but thought I would check it out anyway. The scammer sent an official looking cashiers check from a real company, I contacted the company and was told it was no good and that someone was running a scam (they had several inquires over the previous week) they closed that account. Eventually I ended up contacting the FBI, had a good discussion with the agent. He said there was a lot of that type of scam going on, just ignore it and have no further contact with the scammer, but above all do not try to cash it. Further, I checked with my bank about personal checks and cashiers checks, was told that typically any bank will hold the check's funds for 7 to 10 working days, specifically while you may cash or deposit the check the amount is held against your account for that time and if it is bad you are responsible for the funds. This is why when selling parts to people that I have not done business with in the past I require a USPS Postal Money Order or I hold the parts for 10 days after I receive payment.

Last edited by frank55a; 10-05-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: add more info
frank55a is offline   Reply With Quote