View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
GB SISSON

Default Re: SO incredibly mad at myself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
Well you may or may not have damaged the coil depending on weather the distributer timing contacts are closed or open. Points closed and coil cooking, points open so no current flow there. Regardless the distributer contacts may survive OK.. All my cars have a battery cut off switch and its always OFF when I walk away from the car. Fit that switch NOW and use it. It also doubles as an anti theft device if you hide it somewhere. And NO not the coil to dist cap high tension cable but the small ignition primary wire at the distributer to one coil small terminal. Regards, KEVIN.

So, Kevin you are saying a battery cut off switch? What's best and easiest?

I'll report soon on my 'start up'
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote