View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
rockfla

Default Re: 32 ford ooga horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
The '32 horn with a tapered rear cover is a motor-driven horn (i.e. Aoogha). The later '32 horn with a round cover is a vibrator horn (i.e. Beeep). Each has its own unique bracket, the latter being the taller of the two for clearance purposes. As Newc points out, the hole pattern on the horn center section that attaches to the mounting bracket is different on the '32 version compared to the Model A version. (I can be altered by filling the Model A holes and adding the '32 attachment holes.)
As David said, there are two horn brackets for 32's Pictured above. The second picture would be the bracket you would need. NEXT couple of pictures is of my "Bosch" horn for my 32 which is "similar" in shape to a Model A horn and sounds as IF the Model A and the Bosch horn have a similar issues AS the hole spacing is slightly off. In my case I clamped the bracket to the horn and had the holes drilled (which slightly enlarged the holes in the horn, aligned them as well) and in my case also enlarged the holes in the bracket as they were slightly smaller than the 6mm bolts from the Bosch.....I was able to accomplish three processes with two holes drilled!!!! Hopefully this helps you!!! AS David also noted with his information on the "two" horns for 32, It would be easiest to just get the "BF" horn (more commonly known as the "boat tail" and you will accomplish the same thing as a Model A horn!!! AND 32 correct and should not be too difficult to acquire and NOT have to modify anything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32Hornbrckt1.jpg (22.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 32tallhornBrckt1.jpg (52.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg BoschCOverFab10.jpg (42.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg BoschhornConv3.jpg (36.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by rockfla; 03-29-2021 at 09:57 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote