View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 10:52 AM   #77
Ardun

Default Re: Rebuilding an Ardun OHV 1954 - 1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
That is a heck of a nice looking engine compartment. I bet very few "modern" folks have any idea as to what type of engine that is. Did Ronnie build the engine for you? He's a good friend . . . we chat about all things Ardun and flathead related quite frequently.
Thank you. My friends and I built the engine as we are in Reno, NV. Another is in process. Yes, people just don’t understand. Always a pleasure to open the hood and observe the people.

For fuel I use an Austin Intake and Quick Fuel Carb. Bought the last manifold Ken made before he sold to H&H. Although a great runner and no issues, wish I would have used Don’s rocker arms which we are using on the new build.

Ronnie has been a great soundboard and love his tube seals. Block is an 8ba wiht a Merc crank. Had a lot of fun making the stainless water outlets. Didn’t know at the time I could have modified the heads and changed the outlets to the center. Oh well, I am kind of a loner. Uniquely, my heads are sequentially numbered 233 and 234. The ‘53 is another nice story. From a six to an ARDUN and many other things while remaining stock appearing.

Too bad I couldn’t afford this when I was younger as I am now 81.
Ardun is offline   Reply With Quote