View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
john charlton

Default Your most useless NOS parts

I think most of us in the hobby accrue NOS parts that in real life we have no need for . I have 4 NOS AA axle shafts for the bevel gear rear end . They still have the "cosmoline bandage" around the gear end . I have owned them for over 35 years and never has anyone require one . But I still keep them of course .I have an AA NOS low ratio ring gear for the worm drive rear end again no takers . Actually this piece is very lovely in its own right gleaming 90 year old brass . In the morning I put my coffee cup in its middle it sits on my table away from my cold garage but the axle shafts have not made it indoors yet .
I do have two trucks with the bevel rear end but I cant see how an axle shaft could fail they are indeed a hefty unit . I have a NOS 28/29 front apron which goes under the rad shell I just replaced the front spring on the 29 AA so had removed its apron less than perfect . I thought if I replace it with the NOS one the instant I start to fit it it would no longer be NOS rather like it loosing its virginity ( maybe I have gotten into this hobby too deep !!!) Just wondered if anybody else has a collection of never to be needed NOS parts that you keep and store anyway .

John in weather was cancelled today Suffolk County England .
john charlton is offline   Reply With Quote